1 (800) 540 – 4000
Who has to take the Child Abuse Awareness Training?
- All LAUSD employees are required to take the Child Abuse Awareness Training. In order to ensure the safety of our students, it is critical that all District employees clearly understand their responsibilities
What do I need to do?
a) You need your LAUSD Single Sign-On /Email Account.
If you have have forgotten your SSO password, visit the LAUSD Single Sign-On Self Service Console at: https://idmlogin.lausd.net/myprofile
b) You need to Enroll in the training
- Go to Learning Zone <lz.lausd.net>
- Use your Single Sign-On username and password to log in,
- From the Learning Zone homepage, click the Courses Tab
- Click on the “Class Offerings – Search for and enroll in available classes” link
- In the Program field, use the dropdown arrow and select “School Safety“.
Click the Search button.
- The current year’s Child Abuse Awareness Training link will display. Click on the link, and the class will open in a new window.
- At this step you will know if you are or are not enrolled in the class
** if you are already enrolled, proceed to view the Instructional Video
** if you are NOT ENROLLED, click on the Enroll Now button, and then
click on the OK button to confirm your enrollment.
- You will receive the following message “You have successfully enrolled in the class”
- Close the window and return to the Learning Zone Homepage by selecting the HomeTab located on the upper left corner of the screen.
c) You need to access the video
- The video is available online at <http://lausd.net/schoolsafety/>
- If you experience difficulties accessing the video from the link above, go to <http://schoolsafety.lausd.net/childabuse/training>
- You will have the ability to start and stop the online video at various points and continue the training at your convenience.
d) You need to take & pass an online-assessment with a score of 100%
- Your training will be deemed complete after passing the 10-question assessment with a score of 100%
- To take the test
- Go to Learning Zone <lz.lausd.net> (you may need to log in again!)
- From the Learning Zone homepage, click the My Assessment Tab