Please join us on Wednesday, January 24th, as we welcome Dana Middleton to our “Lunchtime Authors Visit” series in the Library!
Attendance is limited to only 70 students. Sign-up in the Library with Ms. Murphy.
Ms. Middleton is the author of Open If You Dare and The Infinity Year of Avalon James. Here are a few more facts about Ms. Middleton (from her website, http://www.danamiddletonbooks.com)
I was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia until my family moved to a farm in the North Georgia mountains when I was sixteen. For most of my grown-up life, I’ve lived in Los Angeles, California, very close to the Hollywood sign.
What else to know:
- I’m married to a guy named Pete and we have no kids – just lots of cool nieces, nephews and god-kids.
- My favorite books as a child were Where the Red Fern Grows, Charlotte’s Web, James and the Giant Peach, Little Cabin in the Big Woods, and A Wrinkle in Time. At least those are the ones I remember.
- I had a pony when I was a kid named Little Bit. He only bucked me off once.
- I’m the oldest of three sisters. We fought a lot growing up but we hardly ever fight now.
- I worked in theatre and film but secretly wanted to be a writer.
- I like writing for kids because kids are awesome and by and large, they are hopeful, curious creatures.
- Open If You Dare and The Infinity Year of Avalon James are my middle novels and I can’t wait for you to read them!